STORIES and PHOTOGRAPHS by KC JONES.



All contents copyright 2014 and before by KC Jones. All rights reserved. No duplication in any form allowed without written permission.





In silencing the noises and clearing the mind, the heart embraces the beauty of nature and all her inhabitants. The miracle of changing seasons, the mating rituals, the beginning and ending life cycle, the vocal messages echoing through the trees, the smells carried on the wind, and from the first peek of the sun stretching across the sky to its final wink as it disappears are all proof that life truly is a spiritual journey. I invite you to share in my photo adventures and I hope they serve as reminders of the mystery and magic all around us.



Sunday, June 2, 2013

Wind...Wind...GO AWAY!

Thanks to high winds and my severe allergies the last six weeks,
I've been unable to be out enjoying what I most love to do.
So June has arrived yet the high winds remain - leaving me a homebound prisoner!
Therefore, I have decided to remember times when I could interact
with Mother Nature and all her inhabitants without my face swelling to the point
where I looked like a squirrel with nut-filled cheeks.
Grasshoppers don't scream "Eat me...I'm yummy!" but, then again, what do I know?!
Oh, to be able to enjoy the coolness of the grass like this mother Killdeer
keeping her distance - yet still watchful eyes over her three babies.
Which is a very wise thing to do with buzzards so close!
Here, two Tricolored Herons meet...
seem to share a secret...
but apparently just a request to scratch a hard-to-reach itch!
Here we have a very confident Great Egret.
Look at the size of the branch he's chosen to take back to impress his mate!
The first one wouldn't budge.  Let's try again.
How 'bout this one?  No...still too big!
I even had to miss saying good-bye to the white pelicans which winter at White Rock.
I will miss watching them preen...
their interesting mouth gestures...
take off...
and landings.
Sorry this post is short, but my allergy medicine is making me drowsy so it's off for
a quick nap. Thanks for sharing this brief look-back thru a few old photos.
Hopefully it won't be long before I can once again venture out into fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment