STORIES and PHOTOGRAPHS by KC JONES.



All contents copyright 2014 and before by KC Jones. All rights reserved. No duplication in any form allowed without written permission.





In silencing the noises and clearing the mind, the heart embraces the beauty of nature and all her inhabitants. The miracle of changing seasons, the mating rituals, the beginning and ending life cycle, the vocal messages echoing through the trees, the smells carried on the wind, and from the first peek of the sun stretching across the sky to its final wink as it disappears are all proof that life truly is a spiritual journey. I invite you to share in my photo adventures and I hope they serve as reminders of the mystery and magic all around us.



Sunday, July 14, 2013

Translating Bird Talk

I enjoy catching my subject with their mouth open...
communicating with sounds and pitches rather than words...
so I use my imagination, based upon the circumstance, to decipher their message.
"Mom, Wally is on my side of the nest!!!"
(Juvenile Great Egrets)

"Okay, you guys, who ate all the bread?!"
(Red-winged black bird)
"Uh oh; I'm so full I don't think I can fly!"
(Osprey)
"Just look at all this muck on my beach! It's disgusting!"
(Ruddy Turnstone)
"Whoa! This water is COLD!"
(Juvenile Great Blue Heron)
"Quit your whinin'! I'd take cold water over hot rocks ANY day!"
(Oyster Catcher)
"Everybody strike your best pose...the photographer is coming!"
(Anhinga)
"Hey, does anyone wanna go for a swim?"
(Seagull)
"Wow! Look at how high up I am."
(Great Blue Heron)
"You better get outta the water! Mom said we can't go in without her!!!"
(Seagulls)
"I LOVE playing hide-n-seek!"
(Juvenile Great Blue Heron)

"Hey, Rhonda, long time no see!"
"Boy, is that sun bright this mornin'."
"Wow...I can see all the way to downtown Dallas!"
(Red-shouldered hawk)
"Aren't my wings fabulous?!"
(Juvenile Great Egret)
"Do you mind?! We'd like a little privacy here."
(Juvenile Yellow-Crowned Night Heron)
"Give it your best shot, Mr. Wind! Blow as hard as you can...I ain't movin'!"
(Dickcessel)
"Geez!  Go do something productive, already! This show is OVER!"
(Adult Yellow-Crowned Night Heron)

No comments:

Post a Comment