STORIES and PHOTOGRAPHS by KC JONES.



All contents copyright 2014 and before by KC Jones. All rights reserved. No duplication in any form allowed without written permission.





In silencing the noises and clearing the mind, the heart embraces the beauty of nature and all her inhabitants. The miracle of changing seasons, the mating rituals, the beginning and ending life cycle, the vocal messages echoing through the trees, the smells carried on the wind, and from the first peek of the sun stretching across the sky to its final wink as it disappears are all proof that life truly is a spiritual journey. I invite you to share in my photo adventures and I hope they serve as reminders of the mystery and magic all around us.



Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pretty in Pink: Part I = Cotton Candy Wings

The dawning of each new day brings anticipation of what wonders the day will gift you with.
No matter the season or weather,
Roseate Spoonbills are always lovely and breathtaking.
I love their mirror images reflecting in the water.
I become mesmerized when they stretch their wings, pointing them toward the
 heavens while prancing about and strutting their beautiful left sides...

and right sides.
They're beautiful when greeting you...
and bidding you farewell.
So no matter the time of day,
Roseate Spoonbills bring a big smile to my face
  and a craving for melt-in-my-mouth cotton candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment