STORIES and PHOTOGRAPHS by KC JONES.



All contents copyright 2014 and before by KC Jones. All rights reserved. No duplication in any form allowed without written permission.





In silencing the noises and clearing the mind, the heart embraces the beauty of nature and all her inhabitants. The miracle of changing seasons, the mating rituals, the beginning and ending life cycle, the vocal messages echoing through the trees, the smells carried on the wind, and from the first peek of the sun stretching across the sky to its final wink as it disappears are all proof that life truly is a spiritual journey. I invite you to share in my photo adventures and I hope they serve as reminders of the mystery and magic all around us.



Sunday, May 20, 2012

Joy...the Song of the Soul

I look to the sky
and what do I see...
an angel with wings spread
smiling down at me.
I'm on top of the world;
content and carefree;
livin' life large
and glad to be me.
Then something happens...
I get easily ruffled feathers;
seeking quiet solitude
and feeling under the weather.
I scratch my head in disgust...
impatient and ready to fight;
wanting to just get through the day...
and givin' it all my might!
Then from somewhere deep inside
I hear the gentle flapping of wings;
my spirit starts to soar
and my heart begins to sing.
Once again I regain my footing...
and release all anger and grief;
my vision is restored to 20/20
and I'm thankful for quick relief
from arrows that life sometimes shoots;
from small words that cause great pain;
from dreams that drifted out of reach...
and relationships no longer the same.
I take a deep breath and quiet myself
so I can hear the heavenly choir
serenading me with a beautiful song
of which I NEVER tire.
And when you can't hear the angels...
only darkness and silence you hear...
remember that the secret is found in JOY
and there's NOTHING you need to fear
because this earthly existence is not permanent...
it is fleeting...it will not last;
and the same is true of all negative experiences...
they will soon be a thing of the past.
And don't ever believe for a minute
joy has been cut from your life;
it's a thread woven by God into each spirit
and much stronger than sadness and strife!
So no matter what kind of 24 hours you've had...
great...terrible...or just okay,
take comfort in knowing God is embracing you
and He's with you throughout each day.
I sincerely encourage you to try your best
to give up your need to control
because God has taken care of that
so sing Joy...the Song of the Soul!



No comments:

Post a Comment